21 Nov Thanksgiving Fun Facts for the Table
Tis’ the season to gather with family, eat, drink and be thankful.
Did you know that nationwide, AAA forecasts there will be 55.4 million people traveling this Thanksgiving holiday? This means many family and friends will be coming together for a grand feast. So, as you insert your table leaf to extend room for everyone, we’re giving you something to talk about…
Turkey Tidbits & Gratitude Galore:
- Approx. 50 million pumpkin pies are consumed each Thanksgiving.
- According to Roto-Rooter, Black Friday is the busiest day of the year for plumbers. (So if you’re going as a guest this year, you know exactly what host gift you need to bring… a plunger! LOL)
- 9.6 hours is the average amount of time that hosts will spend preparing for Thanksgiving dinner. (Remember to kiss the cook!)
- In 1953, someone at Swanson misjudged the number of frozen turkeys it would sell that Thanksgiving – by 26 TONS! That’s when an industry worker came up with a brilliant plan: Why not slice up the meat and repackage with some trimmings on the side? The first TV dinner was born!
- Only male turkeys gobble.
- 7 is the average number of guests that people host on Thanksgiving. How many are you hosting this year?
- Americans consume 736 million pounds of turkey on Thanksgiving Day alone. (About the weight of the Empire State Building)
- The night before Thanksgiving is the single biggest day for bar sales in the U.S. – Cheers!
We wish you all a memorable Thanksgiving celebration! As we reflect and give thanks, these are a few that are on the top of our gratitude list:
- Our Health
- Love of Family & Friends
- Freedom & Opportunity
- Loving What We Do & All Those We Get To Work With
- Our Beautiful Location With Our San Diego Sunshine ☀️